My 3 Questions for Each Candidate
If I had the chance to ask each candidate only three questions – here is my list for each of them.
For many of you that know me – I am on the fence about who to vote for. I feel a bit let down by Obama… “the hope is gone and there is only change in my pocket…” – not where I hoped we would be. As for Romney – I don’t really trust him because he reminds me of many of the shady corporate execs that I have been building software for, for so many years.
Questions for Obama:
- Your administration spent a LOT of money – frankly… according to some sources – more money than any president in history… specifically – what did we get for all of that money and why is the USA a better place now that we will be paying that debt for so many years to come?
- Together, my wife and I are what you would consider “rich” – I don’t see it that way – I have bills to pay just like everyone else – why do you insist on raising my taxes – and specifically – where will these tax dollars go – to more entitlement programs and corporate well fare programs? Lastly – I pay my bills & all my taxes – where the hell are my entitlements for being a good, tax paying, American citizen?
- Specifically what will you do to lower the country’s debt and raise our nations GDP? Statistics show that more government spending does not lower the debt and raise our nations GDP.
Questions for Romney:
- You say you will repeal the ACA – specifically – what will you replace it with, why will it be better than the ACA, and how will it make health care affordable for everyone – our current system sucks – services cost way too much – is way to corrupt, etc.?
- You say that you will de-regulate, by removing things like CO2 from the Clean Air Act, amending SOX, and repealing Dodd Frank. Ok great – but specifically – what will you do to stop & prevent crony capitalists from taking advantage of the American tax payer – bank fraud, insider deals, enron scandals, madolf scandals, banks playing both sides, arthur anderson type scandals, etc.? Personally I believe that those regulations exist to stop corporate fraud – and are obviously needed since these scandals have been going on since I can remember (20+ years or so).
- You say that you will cut spending by removing every non-essential entitlement and government program – in other words – you claim that you will get get the government out of our pocket & our lives. Awesome! Specifically – which entitlements, programs, departments, and arms of the government will you cut and how will that help tax payers and the private sector? After all you – of all business people – should understand that it’s the American Tax Payer + Private Sector that makes this such a great country to live in.
My Honest Opinion:
- Neither candidate (or congress for that matter) wants to change the status quo – otherwise they would be voting to remove their vacation, pensions, healthcare, and golden parachutes to be more “inline with the private sector.” In the private sector if you continually fail to do your job – you get fired – you don’t get to run amuck for 4 years lighting fires everywhere and causing mayhem.
- Neither candidate really wants to get rid of entitlements – both the left & right have what they consider necessary entitlements
- Neither candidate really wants to slash & burn in-effective government agencies – each side has what they consider an essential departments, i.e. dept. of agriculture, dept. of education, EPA, dept. of labor, dept. of you name it – they have a department for it…
- No matter which side you vote for – our government is set up so that – our tax dollars are syphoned by so many people and so many special interests that much of those taxes never really make it back to the tax payer or the private sector… so do you want to support the entitlements & programs of the left or the right… your call.